All healthcare providers and specialists are invited to join us Thursday, June 24, 2021 from 12:00-1:00 p.m. (CST) for an informative webinar about screening management for individuals at increased risk for colorectal cancer. We will discuss screening guidelines, case studies, and how a personal or family history of colorectal cancer can impact a patient’s screening recommendation.
This one-credit-per-hour Group Learning program has been certified by the College of Family Physicians of Canada and the Manitoba Chapter for up to 1 MainPro+® credits.
By the end of this webinar, participants will be able to:
- Identify the screening test used for individuals at average risk for colon cancer
- Define and identify risk factors (personal and familial health history) that increase an individual’s colorectal cancer risk
- Navigate through the client care pathways based on risk, screening findings, and screening history
- Understand the updates in the screening and surveillance guidelines, and provide individualized future screening recommendations
- Discuss the impact and importance of personal and familial history on colorectal cancer risk with their patients
- Use the ColonCheck resources in companionship with the screening guidelines